Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mama Made It: Baby Ponchos for Disney

Our last trip to Disneyland was in January, in the middle of winter. Since we were expecting to see at least one night show during the trip I wanted the babies to be warm and did not want the hassle of falling blankets while walking (because you know that after a day in the stroller the last thing a baby wants is to be in the stroller at the end of the day!). I found a poncho tutorial from the Make and Takes blog and knew it would be perfect for our trip. I raided my fabric stash (thank you fleece that was on sale at Joann's during Black Friday 2011) and got to work. I preferred the no-fringe version for my boys and added the Mickey applique to give it some Disney magic. The project was so easy that I was able to complete both ponchos over the course of 2 nap times which is a huge accomplishment!

When the boys wore them around Disneyland they were bundles of cuteness and a hit with random folks. 


Dale, with his Mickey Poncho at Disneyland, complete with ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment